Senior UI/UX Lead
We're looking for a senior UI/UX designer to act as a design lead for our team. You'll be supervising our team of designers, ensuring that they are engaged, that they have a clear growth plan and that they are performing well.
As our design lead, you'll also be involved in product discovery and product design projects within the company.
- Hold product workshops on your own on any related design topic (Ex: Design Sprint workshops, Lightning Design Jams etc).
Organize research workshops and treat them as products
Conduct DesignOps for clients, training other teams to make up their own design culture
Deal with routine tasks intuitively and without necessarily relying on rules and guidelines
Create or assist with product design estimations for projects
- Engage directly with client or client partners, working with them to solve problems & ideate
- Interact with the full end-to-end process from initial conversations with prospective client partners through to delivery and nurture relationships
- Organize and facilitate design sprints
- Be aware of organisational objectives, monitor developments and trends that may affect implementation of organisational strategy and help others understand them
- Manage the design team
- Create and coordinate a meeting rhythm (weekly, 1:1, design critique, etc.)
- Participate in demo meetings and supervise the team’s evolution
- Monitor the engagement of the design team and identify red flags or escalations
- Evaluate your design colleagues and elaborate growth plans for them; help them set challenging goals and assist them to track and evaluate results
- Be actively involved in shaping design culture within the company
- Define new roles within the design team and write proper job descriptions
- Supervize and review estimation techniques and patterns within your team
- Improve design processes and evangelise these improvements in all TS projects (when applicable)
- Keep stakeholders accurately informed and up-to-date of both positive and potentially negative information
- Display integrity, and respect for others, driving a culture of honest conversations and creates an inclusive space for all team members
- Serve as an ambassador of a culture of ownership of the outcome
Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years proven experience as a UI/UX designer
- Experience managing a team
- Strong portfolio of projects
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly
- Experience using creative and collaborative tools such as Figma, Sketch & The Adobe Suite
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum project management process
- Experience defining flow diagrams and information hierarchies
- Demonstrated appliance of design thinking, exploration and experimentation
- Systems Thinking: You are an excellent system thinker, capable of seeing multiples factors holistically, connecting them and understanding their dependencies.
- Quantitative Methods: You have solid understanding about quantitative user research methods such as A/B Testing, Card sorting, Tree Testing, eye tracking, funnel flow and can translate this information into clear insights. You communicate and collaborate closely with the Data and Research teams.
- Qualitative Methods: You have excellent observational skills that help you identify design features easy or hard to use. You have solid understanding about qualitative user research methods such as user interviews, field studies, usability testing and competitive analysis. You communicate and collaborate closely with the Research and Data teams.